Tuesday, December 4, 2007

New Video

The video's about David Adekoya, a native East New Yorker, who had gone through Groundwork's college prep program and still works there now.

My original idea was to follow him from East New York to City College in Harlem, an hour and fifteen minute commute. Then jump back to East New York and talk about his work there. I thought it would illustrate how far he'd come in life, which would say something about Groundwork.

Well that didn't really work out narrative-wise. My rough cut was six minutes plus and it really dragged. The version I posted here earlier was just a quick cut so I could post something.

This version uses more of a back and forth between David and Mary Adams, Groundwork's college prep program director. I think the story is more clear, I use the b-roll better, and it's an improvement over the previous versions. Thanks to Adrian and Ed for all their suggestions.



No comments: